...hard Freeze For Northern And Western Ranchlands Tonight... ...freezing Temperatures For The Rio Grande Valley... .freezing Temperatures Are Occurring Or Will Develop Overnight For All Deep South Texas. A Hard Freeze Is Expected For Portions Of The Western And Northern Ranchlands Overnight. Moderately Strong Winds Will Combine With The Cold Temperatures Producing Extreme ...Read More.
Effective: January 16, 2018 at 3:29pmExpires: January 17, 2018 at 9:00amTarget Area: Hidalgo; Inland Cameron; Inland Willacy; Starr
Applying for a Library Card
To obtain a library card you must:
1. Be 18 years of age or older.
2. Be a resident of the state of Texas.
3. Present an acceptable picture ID.
4. Present a current proof of address.
If a patron is less than 18 years of age, then a parent or legal guardian must obtain the library card on their behalf, making them the responsible party for any fees or fines. Applications can only be completed in person at the circulation desk of the library.
The following are acceptable forms of photo identification:
- Texas Driver’s License, temporary Texas Driver’s License or learner’s permit.
- Texas Department of Public Safety ID
- United States Passport
- Resident Alien Registration Card
- Military Identification
- Mexican Consulate Card
- Mexican National Voter
- College Identification
- Out of State Identification
- U.S. Employment Authorization Card
The following are acceptable forms of proof of current address:
- Utility deposit receipt or bill
- Voter’s registration
- Vehicle registration
- Liability insurance
- Official rent receipt, rental agreement or lease
- Mail postmarked within the last 30 days
Library cards are available for seasonal Texas residents (Winter Texans) with proper photo identification from their place of residence and proof of a local address.
If unable to present proof of current address, an E-card can be issued. E-cards can be used for computer privileges and electronic resources.
No new library cards will be issued within 15 minutes of closing time.
Limits exist on how many items and for how long items may be borrowed from the library.
You may check out a total of 10 items at a time.
|Format||Checkout Quantity||Checkout Period||Overdue Fees|
|New Books||10||14 days||$.10 per day|
|Books||10||28 days||$.10 per day|
|DVDs||2||3 days||$1.00 per day|
|Playaways||2||14 days||$1.00 per day|
|Audiobooks||2||14 days||$1.00 per day|
Only adults may check out DVD’s, Playaways, and Audiobooks on their library card. *
Your Library Account
You have access to your personal library account by clicking “My Account” on either Dr. Hector P. Garcia’s Library Catalog or the Hidalgo County Library System.
- Enter your Library ID, which is your 14-digit library card number, and your PIN. If you do not know your PIN, visit the circulation desk and staff will assign one to you in person.
- You may review items currently checked out on your library card, overdue and lost items, and outstanding fines. (Fines will not be posted to your online account until items are returned or renewed.)
- Your may renew items twice as long as they are not overdue and not on hold for someone else.
- You may place a hold on an item free of charge by logging into your account through the online catalog and locating the item through the catalog’s search engine.
- You may review the status of titles you have placed on hold and cancel hold on items you no longer need.
- Queen City Cafe
- Notices and Announcements
- City Manager
- City Secretary / Human Resources
- Municipal Court
- Fire Department
- Planning Department
- Keep Mercedes Beautiful Committee
- Building and Inspectors Division
- Health Inspections
- Code Enforcement
- Water / Waste Water Division (OMI)
- Police Department
- Public Works
- Recreation Centers