Citizen Collection Station
The purpose of the Mercedes’ Citizen Collection Station is to provide residents or landowners of the City of Mercedes a mean to properly dispose of residential solid waste.
The Mercedes CCS is located at 300 Capisallo Rd. If you require further information about the station, call the Public Works Department at (956) 565-6147.
Hours of operation
The Station is open Monday though Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
CCS may close or change operating hours because of wind, rain, or snow events, please call Public Works to check if the station is open.
Holidays are also observed.
None, to residents of the City of Mercedes, proof of residence must be shown.
- Only residents or landowners of the City of Mercedes will be allowed to use the Citizen Collection Station
- Only residential solid waste generated in the City of Mercedes will be accepted
- Vehicle pulling a double axle trailer or larger are not allowed.
- Unloading must be done by resident (be prepared to dispose into a 7ft roll-off, assistance may be provided by attendant).
- Violation of any of the rules may result in the loss of this privilege
- Normal household trash such as paper, plastics, cans, food and vegetable scraps. All household trash must be bagged.
- Limit of four (4) passenger and light truck tires per year from residential customers. Tire disposal will require a pre-approved ticket from the Public Works Office prior to disposing at the CCS.
- Leaves, grass clippings, tree trimmings and brush. Brush should be cut in 3 to 4 foot lengths and securely tied.
- Stoves, washing machines, dryers, water tanks, mattresses, chairs, furniture, electronics and couches.
- Commercial waste which includes contractor, building materials or demolition waste
- Automotive parts
- Hazardous Waste such as pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides, chemicals, cleaners, paint thinners, toxins, asbestos, petroleum products, paint, items with Freon.
- Dead animals