The Public Information Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 552, gives people the right to access government records deemed public. Most government information is presumed to be available to the public; however certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information.
The City of Mercedes will release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.
Rights of Requestors
You have the right to:
- Prompt access to information that is not confidential or otherwise protected;
- Receive treatment equal to all other requestors, including accommodation in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements;
- Receive a written statement of estimated charges, when charges will exceed $40, in advance of work being started and opportunity to modify the request in response to the itemized statement;
- Choose whether to inspect the requested information (most often at no charge), receive copies of the information or both.
- Queen City Cafe
- Notices and Announcements
- City Manager
- City Secretary / Human Resources
- Municipal Court
- Fire Department
- Planning Department
- Keep Mercedes Beautiful Committee
- Building and Inspectors Division
- Health Inspections
- Code Enforcement
- Water / Waste Water Division (OMI)
- Police Department
- Public Works
- Recreation Centers